Future of Good is a fast-growing digital publication covering Canada’s social impact world. Our 1000+ subscribers are impact-oriented professionals and entrepreneurs from across the country. We equip them with stories, analysis, and commentary so they can stay current and improve their ability to do good in a new era of impact. Our special coverage of COVID-19’s effects on the social impact world is widely read across the country.
As Future of Good’s Communications and Engagement Specialist, you love writing, you love curating and communicating insightful stories that can shape a better world. Your newsletters are able to draw readers in and give them the ideas and news they need. You have the curiosity of a journalist and the writing skills of a communicator. You understand the power of an engaged readership and a happy community. You have a passion for connecting people from all backgrounds, are known for your empathetic thinking, and love understanding and applying data to grow organic engagement and loyalty.
- Write compelling email newsletters unpacking Future of Good stories to our 1000+ subscriber community
- Curate and distribute new reading lists to subscribers from our vast content library of explainers, Q&As, special reports, feature stories, lists and more.
- Curate must-know news and developments for subscribers from scanning other newsletters, Google alerts, and other news sources
- Manage and grow subscriber community interactions and engagement through networking calls, Slack channels, surveys, and other touch points to maximize retention and referral
- Lead various subscriber management and retention efforts to ensure subscriber satisfaction
- Reach out individually to members to foster a core group of experts, super-users, and micro-communities
- Create, maintain, and improve systems for tracking success with a focus on metrics
- Participate in membership, digital programming, and editorial strategy discussions
The ideal candidate will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Future of Good’s mission and have the following skills:
- Constant curiosity about all things social impact related
- Educational background in journalism, communications, PR, content creation, or equivalent experience
- Be creative and an excellent writer and communicator, but also be process driven so you can push stories and the team forward
- Strong understanding of content marketing and email marketing strategies, platforms, and tactics
- Experience with community engagement or management
- At least 2-3 years of communications experience in a growing organization
- Comfort using these digital tools: Mailchimp, Asana, Canva, WordPress, Google Suite, Eventbrite and ability to quickly pick up others
- Exceptional skills in time and project management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization
- Self-directed person who thrives in an agile, fast-paced and often-changing startup environment
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo.
- Bilingual English/French
- Experience working at a fast-paced startup
To apply please submit a resume, links to two to three samples of your writing (articles, blog posts, email newsletters, etc).
Please send your resume and writing links to Vinod Rajasekaran at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting is open until the role is filled.
Location: Ottawa, Canada or surrounding cities
Compensation approach: Minimum monthly salary available is $4,500/month. Our approach to compensation is a listening, co-shaping conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.