ABOUT FUTURE OF GOOD
Future of Good is a fast-growing digital publication covering Canada’s social impact world. Our readers are changemakers working in non-profits, social enterprise, social finance, philanthropy, cooperatives, CSR and public sector from across the country. We equip them with insights, analysis, and commentary so they can stay current, stay knowledgeable and make brave transitions into a new era of impact. We are a growing team of curious and passionate folks dedicated to helping changemakers flourish.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 12-month parental leave cover with the potential for extension. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for all stages of our marketing campaigns from design to execution and will help develop, expand and maintain our brand presence within all our marketing channels.
The ideal candidate will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, and be a savvy graphic designer, multimedia curator, and WordPress enthusiast who geeks out on data analytics and is energized about growing a social purpose start-up.
- Develop and execute digital marketing tactics to maximize awareness of content with new audiences and generate qualified leads for our member growth team
- Manage the day-to-day marketing channels, including website updates and social media engagement, including developing any graphics, videos, and motion graphics
- Create and execute exciting marketing campaigns for our events, lists, and any new product offerings, along with all the associated collateral (multimedia — including infographics, audio, video, marketing kits, etc.)
- Maintain and update our website, and work with our digital agency on any significant upgrades to enhance the platform experience and optimize our search
- Use analytics to understand data and turn findings into actionable insights and strategies, and feed these analytics back to the other functional team leads
- Lead digital communications during Future of Good’s events in real-time
- Develop and nurture relationships with other communications and marketing leads within our member community, and beyond, for cross-pollination and mutual benefit
Skills and know-how:
- Passion and curiosity about social impact work
- A positive self-directed person who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to learn, someone who is flexible and can adapt to change
- Comfort and expertise with the following platforms: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Data Studio
- Demonstrated experience with content creation including graphic design, video, audio editing (familiarity with tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud Apps, or similar)
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail
P.S. Experience comes in many forms. We have described the qualities and skills we are seeking in this role, but we recognize that there will be strong candidates who do not meet all the requirements listed here but have other important qualities.
Location: This is a hybrid role. Preferably the candidate is in the Ottawa area, as our core team works out of the Impact Hub downtown Ottawa a couple of days a week. Outstanding candidates will be considered from other locations.
Compensation: Salary range for this role is $55,000-65,000. We have a comprehensive benefits package, 5 weeks paid vacation, unlimited health days, Fridays off in summer, and plenty of opportunities for professional development and mentorship.
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three digital content samples (can be a campaign you developed, a graphic you designed, a video you made, a podcast you edited, etc.) to Carol Steuri, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 24th, 2022.