About the Content Editor role
We are looking for an amazing Content Editor to grow our mission of helping impact-focused people work smarter through digital content. If you’re looking for an exciting place to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s work, we’d love to meet you. This role requires strong leadership skills, a passion for storytelling and writing, and the ability to manage editorial processes and writers.
Requirements for the role:
- Be a storyteller at heart, and be genuinely excited about the potential of content to help impact-focused people work smarter.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a communications, editorial, or content marketing role.
- Experience developing, managing, editing, and writing distinctive digital content.
- Be creative and an excellent writer, but also be process driven so you can push stories and the team forward.
- Ability to understand your (and our team’s) impact on our audience acquisition funnel and be able to iterate based on this information.
- Excellent editorial, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional skills in time and project management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization.
- Motivated individual, takes initiative, ability to work under tight deadline pressure, comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing startup environment.
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo.
What you’ll do:
Content Creation and Curation
- Maintain a comprehensive editorial calendar with a development and production plan, and timelines for all content to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage and develop a team of writers to work on stories.
- Assign, track, edit, format, update, and publish stories.
- Act as the final gatekeeper for Future of Good style and quality.
- Assist with content creation, editing, and production for the weekly Impact Insider newsletter.
- Generate unique story ideas in collaboration with the Publisher based on key “obsessions” and priority themes to ensure year-round relevant content for our audiences.
- Communicate with the Digital Marketing Specialist and Publisher about relevant stories for themes, special projects, and timely events.
- Work in collaboration with the Publisher to set, refine, and improve the content strategy.
- Analyze performance and data in order to guide content strategy.
- Ensure consistent voice for Future of Good, according to style guides developed in conjunction with the Publisher.
- Edit stories for clarity, style, substance, and facts.
- Line edit stories.
- Source photos with respect for copyright regulations.
- Understand and apply SEO best practices.
- Write headlines, cutlines, subheadings, and other display copy.
- Bilingual English/French.
- Experience creating and curating content that focused on lead generation.
- Experience working in a startup environment and coworking space.
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Compensation approach: Minimum salary available is $60,000/year. Our approach to compensation is a listening, co-shaping conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive group benefits
- Flexible work schedule
About Future of Good
Future of Good is a new digital content platform dedicated to covering stories, innovations, and trends shaping social impact. The world of impact is entering a whole new era due to massive growth and rapid change. At this exciting time, we believe social impact deserves smarter coverage. This is where Future of Good comes in. We inform and engage a Canada-wide audience with vital insights, inspiring stories, practical guides, and smart commentary. From artificial intelligence and reconciliation, to smart cities and social finance, we cover topics that are of seismic importance to impact-focused individuals.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Vinod Rajasekaran at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting open until role is filled.
P.S. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. If you’ve been in communications or content marketing roles but don’t come from a journalism background, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and learning mindset goes a long way. We know that slightly varied experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking.