Future of Good is Hiring an Event Producer
Why It Matters
The world is changing more quickly and more dramatically than ever before. We're looking for someone to join us who is keen to help our community understand the effects economic and societal changes are having on non-profits, charities, social enterprises, and foundations, and finds these topics as intriguing as they are consequential.
As Future of Good’s Events Producer, you create memorable online and offline learning events and interactive audio/video shows that help our readers and members grow their knowledge, networks, and skills. You will take the lead in envisioning, coordinating, and implementing shows, webinars, live Q&As, and summits. You’ll find creative ways to animate a conversation and bring a topic to life. You’ll look at our top stories and imagine how to dive deeper into the topic through a webinar or Q&A. You’ll coordinate all the logistics, from agenda design, speaker preparations, drafting marketing emails to managing participant registrations, and post-event communications. You’ll conduct participant surveys and find ways to continuously improve our digital learning events. You’ll execute events in coordination with our marketing, membership, and content leads.
The ideal candidate will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Future of Good’s mission and have the following skills:
- Expertise and constant curiosity about all things social impact related
- A growth mindset to help evolve and grow the learning experiences we put out in the world
- Highly relational, both in-person and online, to effectively build trust and commitment with partners, speakers and participants to ensure that they are engaged
- Effective in-person and online event management skills, content marketing writing skills, advanced knowledge of event planning (ranging from small intimate gatherings to large conference-style events), and an ability to work within a Google Drive virtual environment
- Applied understanding and expertise of event management tools (e.g. asana), webinar software, automations, integrations, and MailChimp and willingness and ability to learn new digital tools and formats (e.g., new platforms to host digital gatherings), and different multi-media integrations. Understanding of agenda development for team-based learning
- Demonstrated ability to identify new event opportunities and execute successful learning-oriented online or/and in-person events
- Strong project management skills
- Business acumen to grow ticket sales and structure ticketing models
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed, with the capacity to multitask
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure startup environments
- Experience with coordinating audio or video shows is a bonus
- A minimum of two years of experience working in community building, event planning, or communications
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
To apply please submit a resume, with links for up to three in-person or online events you have organized. Please send your resume and links to Carol Steuri at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until the role is filled.
Location: Ottawa or surrounding area.
Compensation approach: Salary range is $50,000-$60,000. Our approach to compensation is a listening, co-shaping conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.
Other details: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that starts three months into the role. We offer unlimited paid time off. We also offer a $1,500 annual technology and professional development fund.