We are hiring: Content Partnerships Specialist
About the Content Partnerships Specialist role
We are looking for a rockstar Content Partnerships Specialist to support our sponsored content partnership efforts via marketing solutions and account management. The ideal candidate will be strategic and creative-minded with strong digital marketing and relationship-building skills. They should have experience in managing sponsored content to ensure successful production and delivery while being on budget. You’ll work closely with notable brands, organizations, and events to activate enriching content.
If you’re looking for an exciting place to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s work, we’d love to meet you. This role requires strong people skills, a passion for content marketing and partnerships, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to manage processes and sponsors.
Requirements for the role:
- Be a content marketer at heart, and be genuinely excited about the potential of digital content to help impact-focused people work smarter.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a communications, editorial, branded content or content marketing role with a demonstrated understanding of B2B marketing/communications.
- Experience developing, managing, editing, and writing distinctive digital content.
- Experience with relationship-building and account management.
- Passionate about forming partnerships with organizations in diverse sectors and industries.
- You do not need to be told what to do. You know instinctively how to manage your time and have a naturally born desire to create.
- Strong problem-solving skills are a must; ability to juggle multiple projects taking in data from multiple sources and follow through on deliverables.
- Strong relationship management, customer-service focused and positive.
- Exceptional skills in time and project management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization.
- Motivated individual, takes initiative, ability to work under tight deadline pressure, comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing startup environment.
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo.
What you’ll do:
Sponsored Content Curation
- Work closely with the Publisher to maintain a comprehensive sponsored content calendar with a development and production plan, and timelines for all content to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage, write, and edit sponsored content and have the ability to oversee writers and designers.
- Work with the Publisher and Content Editor to create storylines for sponsored content.
- Work with partners to develop and execute unique content offerings that fits Future of Good’s voice and brand while meeting the needs of sponsored content partners.
- Act as the final gatekeeper for Future of Good sponsored content quality.
- Work closely with the Publisher and Content Editor on relevant sponsored content stories for themes, special projects, and timely events.
- Create sponsored content marketing plans and work in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing Specialist to execute them.
- Work in collaboration with the Publisher to set, refine, and improve the sponsored content strategy.
- Analyze performance and data in order to guide sponsored content strategy.
Content Partnerships Management
- Manage all phases of the sponsored content project lifecycle including discovery, kickoff, proposal requirements, content curation, and final delivery.
- Work closely with the Publisher to support the activation of new sponsored content partnerships.
- Represent Future of Good at events and identify beneficial content partnerships with potential partners.
- Ensure content partner satisfaction, and expectations are met (internally and externally) while adhering to cost and time estimates.
- Track and report on project status, budgets and timelines.
- Regularly evaluate and interpret data. Present key insights and trends to content partners.
- Work closely with the Publisher to refine and grow Future of Good’s event content partnerships strategy.
- Develop and manage to project schedules with milestones and budgets.
- Bilingual English/French.
- Executing events including venue selection, content, and logistics.
- A multi-channel marketer with a strong understanding of how content marketing, SEO, paid media, social media, and email work together to drive overarching objectives.
- Experience working in a scrappy startup environment and coworking space.
- Ottawa, Canada
- Minimum salary available is $55,000/year with stock options. Our approach to compensation is a listening, co-shaping conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive group benefits
- Flexible work schedule
About Future of Good
Future of Good is a new digital content platform dedicated to illuminating stories, innovations, and trends shaping social impact. The world of impact is entering a whole new era due to massive growth and rapid change. At this exciting time, we believe social impact deserves smarter coverage. This is where Future of Good comes in. We inform and engage a Canada-wide audience with vital insights, inspiring stories, practical guides, and smart commentary. From artificial intelligence and reconciliation, to smart cities and social finance, we cover topics that are of seismic importance to our community of impact-focused individuals.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Vinod Rajasekaran at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting open until role is filled.
P.S. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and learning mindset goes a long way. We know that slightly varied experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking.