Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
ABOUT FUTURE OF GOOD
Future of Good is a fast-growing digital publication covering Canada’s social impact world. Our readers are changemakers working in non-profits, social enterprise, global development, social finance, philanthropy, cooperatives, corporate citizenship and public sector from across the country. Our journalism equips them with news, insights, analysis, and commentary so they can stay informed, stay knowledgeable and make brave choices in a new era of impact. We are a growing team of ambitious, curious and passionate folks dedicated to helping changemakers flourish.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Future of Good’s Editorial Fellow on Community Transitions and Resilience, you will take the lead on covering a range of perspectives, stories, and angles that offer insights and analysis on place-based, community-led adaptation as a result of the pandemic. You’ll cover the people and initiative driving new ways or rebuilding social cohesion and improving collective well-being. You’ll take initiative and embrace creative freedom by researching and pitching your own stories, and work with our editorial team to craft engaging pieces of journalism — from features to data stories to profiles and beyond.
- 1-2 stories written per month (for a total minimum of 12 stories)
- 4-8 stories pitched per month
- Facilitate and contribute to a ‘learning journey’ with the funder and partnerships manager in the form of (but not limited to): digital conversations, live interview or panel on specific subject matter, guiding questions/book club prompts, and more
As one of our reporters, you will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Future of Good’s mission and have the following skills:
- Minimum one year of professional, published journalism experience OR currently enrolled in a master’s journalism degree
- Experience writing in-depth feature stories specific to social impact, with published clips
- Experience conducting journalistic interviews
- Experience in using different digital formats in storytelling
- A demonstrated interest in social impact work and this specific topic area
- Proven attention to detail on fact checking and copy editing
Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week, 1 Year Contract
Location: Anywhere in Canada.
Compensation: $25,000/year. We have a comprehensive benefits package, 5 weeks paid vacation, unlimited health days, Fridays off in summer, and plenty of opportunities for professional development and mentorship.
To apply please submit a resume, three to five samples of your journalistic work (published or unpublished), and two pitches for stories you’d like to write for Future of Good (see our pitching guidelines here).
Please send your resume, published writing links and pitches to Kylie Adair, Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: January 23rd, 2023