Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
About the Digital Marketing Specialist role:
Join our team to help amplify our content and grow our soon-to-launch membership offering. As the ideal candidate, you have proven experience turning passive visitors into members, and have a unique understanding of how all social media channels work and how to optimize content. You’re comfortable analyzing data and turning it into actionable insights, and not be above in-the-weeds execution. You pretty much live online, and love staying on the cutting-edge of new media tools and trends. You have the key to achieving superior digital engagement and intimacy, traffic and membership revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the digital marketing roadmap.
If you’re looking for an exciting place to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s work, we’d love to meet you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute social media audience acquisition strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, and audience identification
- Identify and execute digital marketing tactics across the entire acquisition funnel, from awareness through conversion, retention, and referral to meet traffic and membership goals
- Curate, publish, and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to interact and take action
- Design graphics and short videos for social media content/campaigns
- Identify and execute diverse digital marketing tactics to acquire members through new digital campaigns, acquisition channels, and cross-promotions
- Support digital communications during the planning stages of 2020 Future of Good Summit
- Support digital communications during Future of Good’s content partnerships with conferences and events
- Optimize Future of Good pages within each platform to increase the visibility of our social content
- Moderate all user-generated content for each platform (respond to questions, approve posts and comments, and other duties as required).
- Curate, amplify, and continuously improve on Impact Insider newsletter based on feedback
- Support development and testing of new membership features and content products based on data and reader feedback
- Help define membership OKRs each quarter and proactively track progress towards our acquisition goals
- Use analytics to understand data and turning findings into actionable insights, and strategies
- Prioritize, manage and execute a/b tests to improve conversion rates
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, New Media, or related field
- 5+ years experience working in social media marketing / content marketing / audience conversion / sales
- A track record of leading and executing acquisition funnel campaigns with experience in: search, social, and programmatic
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and build aligned content
- Dependable, able to manage multiple activities, meet deadlines, anticipate next steps, and prioritize tasks
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Is adaptable and ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change and to be flexible/resilient
- Self-directed person who thrives in an agile, fast-paced startup environment and takes initiative
- Strong interest in social impact, high-quality content, digital media, and reaching new audiences
- Willingness to learn and a crazy sense of imagination
Location: Toronto or Ottawa
Compensation approach: Minimum salary available is $55,000/year plus health care options, and flexible work and vacation arrangements. Our approach to compensation is a listening, co-shaping conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.
About Future of Good:
Future of Good is a fast-growing digital content platform dedicated to illuminating stories, innovations, and trends shaping social impact. The world of impact is entering a whole new era thanks to massive growth and rapid change. At this exciting time, we believe social impact deserves smarter coverage. This is where Future of Good comes in. We inform and engage a Canada-wide audience with inspiring stories, vital insights, practical guides, and smart commentary. From artificial intelligence and reconciliation, to startups and social finance, we cover topics that are of seismic importance to our community of impact-focused individuals.
Future of Good offers a competitive compensation package with benefits. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Vinod Rajasekaran at email@example.com by 10pm ET on Friday, August 16, 2019.
P.S. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that slightly varied experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking.