About the Marketing and Community Specialist role
We are looking for a rockstar Marketing and Community Specialist to grow our newly launched membership offering and cultivate the member community, via strong content marketing and curation.
The ideal candidate will be strategic and data-driven with strong content marketing, digital sales conversion, and community-building skills. They should have experience in managing and generating leads, optimizing user conversion flows, testing new email campaigns, writing top performing copy, and making a user community thrive. They should have proven experience turning passive visitors into paying members, be very comfortable analyzing data and turning it into actionable insights, and not be above in-the-weeds execution. The ideal candidate will have experience working on a subscription product (it doesn’t have to be content media) and have excellent copywriting skills.
If you’re looking for an exciting place to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s work, we’d love to meet you. This role requires strong content marketing skills, a passion for community-building, and the ability to manage processes and members.
Requirements for the role:
- Be a content marketer at heart, and be genuinely excited about the potential of digital content to help impact-focused people work smarter
- Minimum 5 years of professional writing experience (preferably a mix of journalism and marketing), and in a communications, editorial, or content marketing role with a demonstrated understanding of B2B
- Strong editing, proofreading, and storytelling skills
- A demonstrated ability to turn ideas into compelling content that drives organic traffic
- The ability to flexibly adapt your writing style—and edit others’ writing—to fit with Future of Good’s voice and tone
- Project management skills and experience working successfully with a cross-functional team
- Proven experience cultivating user communities
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story
- Proven experience with content marketing programs across email, social, and other channels in a way that inspires audiences to take action
- You do not need to be told what to do. You know instinctively how to manage your time and have a naturally born desire to create
- Strong problem-solving skills are a must; ability to juggle multiple projects taking in data from multiple sources and follow through on deliverables
- Exceptional skills in time and project management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization
- Motivated individual, takes initiative, ability to work under tight deadline pressure, comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing startup environment
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo
What you’ll do:
Content Marketing and Membership Conversion
- Oversee all acquisition for Future of Good membership
- Identify and execute new opportunities to acquire members while identifying new acquisition channels
- Brainstorm and execute new email campaigns based on data, feedback, and new membership features
- Determine content and audience priorities in partnership with the Publisher and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Maintain the content marketing calendar and take our best stories and turn them into content marketing to drive demand
- Writing and optimizing member acquisition-oriented copy as well as regular member emails
- Helping define membership OKRs each quarter and proactively track progress towards our acquisition goals
- Prioritizing, managing, and executing A/B tests to improve conversion rates
- Compiling routine reports to turn performance marketing data into meaningful insights
- Implement, manage, and maintain all the behind-the-scenes systems and processes that keep us running like a well-oiled machine: platforms, lists, CRM automations, analytics, etc
Community-building and Curation
- Manage Future of Good’s member community
- Develop a long-term community support strategy with the Publisher to drive engagement
- Work with the Publisher to develop community-building tactics across the entire acquisition funnel, from awareness through acquisition, retention, and referral
- Identify opportunities and develop the necessary relationships to scale our communities
- Reach out individually to members to identify and foster a core group of experts, super-users, and micro-communities
- Support new member on-boarding processes
- Create, maintain, and improve systems for tracking success with a focus on metrics
- Share insights and analysis to measure and improve the effectiveness of tactics
- Bilingual English/French.
- Experience working in a scrappy startup environment and coworking space.
- Ottawa, Canada
- Salary range is $60,000 – $69,000/year with stock options after year 1. Our approach to compensation is a listening, co-shaping conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive group benefits
- Flexible work schedule
About Future of Good
Future of Good’s mission is to make the world of social impact smarter. We do this through digital content. We cover stories, innovations, and trends shaping social impact. The world of impact is entering a whole new era due to massive growth and rapid change. At this exciting time, we believe social impact deserves smarter coverage. We inform and engage a Canada-wide audience with vital insights, inspiring stories, practical guides, and smart commentary. From tech for good and SDGs, to smart cities and social finance, we cover topics that are of importance to our community of impact-focused individuals.
To apply, please send your CV to Vinod Rajasekaran at email@example.com. Posting open until role is filled.