About the Editor & Content Curator role
We are looking for a rockstar Editor & Content Curator to grow our mission of producing smart digital content for impact-focused people. If you’re looking for an exciting place to invest your talent and energy, and do your life’s work, we’d love to meet you. This role requires strong leadership skills, a passion for storytelling, creativity, attention to detail, an eye for multimedia content, and the ability to operationalize and work with stakeholders. This role also requires the ability to translate complex ideas and phenomena into insightful, digestible, and memorable content as well as knowledge of how to leverage content for growth.
Requirements for the role:
- Be a storyteller at heart, and be genuinely excited about the potential of content to help people do good better.
- Be able to motivate a team to combine a compelling story with the information people need.
- Experience developing, editing, and producing distinctive digital content.
- A broad knowledge of all media production methods for creation and delivery.
- Be creative and an excellent writer, but also be process driven so you can push projects and the team forward.
- Ability to understand your (and our team’s) impact on our audience funnel and be able to iterate based on this information.
- Excellent editorial, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional skills in time and project management, including multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization.
- Motivated individual, takes initiative, ability to work under tight deadline pressure, comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo.
You’ll get to work on:
Content Creation and Curation
- Develop story ideas based on key “obsessions” and priority themes and ensure year-round relevant content for our audiences.
- Connect with graphic artists, audio experts, visual artists, and others to develop and execute content streams.
- Maintain a comprehensive editorial structure, development and production plan, and timelines for all content projects and ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage a team of remote content creators to work on article idea generation.
- Assign, track, edit, format, update, and post stories.
- Assist with content creation and production for the weekly Impact Insider newsletter.
- Establish measures of success: What does good content look like and how do we measure and optimize against those metrics.
Outreach and Audience Growth
- Identify and prioritize areas where content can be used as an impactful lever for growth and mobilizing the team to take action.
- Work with the CEO & Publisher to ensure that the content strategy is aligned with the overall business objectives at every stage of the audience journey.
- Develop new writers for our impact-focused content.
- Work on partnered content and/or events related to organizational priorities.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO & Publisher and the Content Amplification Specialist to strategically promote and schedule timely content.
- Assist with content for growth experiments, including development of voice and tone guidelines, execution plans, web copy, and emails for campaigns.
- Work with the CEO & Publisher on presentations related to speaking events, thought leadership, and/or partnerships.
- Ensure consistent voice for Future of Good, according to style guides developed in conjunction with the CEO & Publisher.
- Edit stories for clarity, style, substance, and fact.
- Line edit stories.
- Source photos with respect for copyright regulations.
- Understand and apply SEO best practices.
- Write headlines, cutlines, subheadings, and other display copy.
- Bilingual English/French.
- Experience creating and curating content that focused on lead generation.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience growing an online audience and expanding reach.
About Future of Good
Future of Good is a fast-growing digital content platform dedicated to illuminating stories, innovations, and trends shaping social impact. The world of impact is entering a whole new era thanks to massive growth and rapid change. At this exciting time of growth and change, we believe social impact deserves smarter coverage. This is where Future of Good comes in. We inform and engage a Canada-wide audience with vital insights, inspiring stories, practical guides, and smart commentary. From artificial intelligence and reconciliation, to digital currency and social finance, we cover topics that are of seismic importance to our community of impact-focused individuals.
Future of Good offers a competitive compensation package. Flexible work arrangements, including remote work and commencing as a part-time role. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Vinod Rajasekaran at email@example.com by 10pm ET Friday, May 24, 2019.
P.S. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that slightly varied experiences make for the best problem-solving and creative thinking.